The Supply Register is the newly appointed managed service provider for Ark and their 38 Academies in Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth, supporting the Trust with all their supply and temporary staffing requirements. As part of this service, Ark is currently recruiting Teaching Assistants across EYFS and Key Stages 1 and 2 to join their bank for work across 3 of their Primary locations in Birmingham from September 2021.
The Primary school locations in Birmingham for Ark are-
- Ark Kings Academy
- Ark Tindal Academy
- Ark Victoria Academy
By joining the Ark’s bank, you will receive notifications directly from the school’s Cover Manager through the Candidate Portal or via their dedicated Partnership Team regarding immediate requirements (daily, short term and long-term supply) as well as any upcoming positions within the Trust on either a permanent or fixed-term basis.
Full-time, Part-time or on selected days to suit you. If this sounds like you, whether you are an experienced teacher or newly qualified, we would like to hear from you.
Responsibilities of the Primary Teaching Assistant:
- Supporting the teacher with the delivery of the lesson.
- Preparing the classroom for lessons, such as setting up equipment.
- Managing behaviour and engaging students with their own learning.
- Working with students either one to one or in small groups out of the classroom.
- Committed to support both the teacher and the students to succeed.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working with children/young people in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Have a strong academic background in English and mathematics
- Be a positive role model for the pupils
- Believe in high expectations and be committed to seeing that every child reaches their full potential.
- Be a good team player
- Be able to inspire learning in and beyond the classroom
- Have experience working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Have experience delivering a differentiated Early Years / Key Stage 1 / Key Stage 2 primary curriculum and targeted interventions.
Ark, is a hugely successful network of academies serving pupils from deprived communities. Their network shares a belief in our six pillars:
- High expectations: we have high expectations of ourselves and for what our children can achieve
- Excellent teaching: great teaching is what transforms children’s attainment and opens door for the future.
- Exemplary behaviour: children can and should be taught to behave well, following instructions first time, every time, without question.
- Depth for breadth: with a curriculum that encompasses the best of what has been thought and said ensuring our pupils have the knowledge and cultural capital to thrive in the classroom and beyond.
- Knowing every child: we get to know and care deeply about each of our pupils as individuals.
- Always learning: we expect pupils to always learn, but also for our staff to continually develop their professional expertise, supported by Ark’s broad professional development offer.
For further information about The Supply Register and our collaboration with Ark please visit http://supplyregister.uk/trust/ark-schools/