The Supply Register is the newly appointed managed service provider for Ark Schools and their 39 Academies in Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth, supporting the Trust with all their supply and temporary staffing requirements. As part of this service, we are currently recruiting for Teaching Assistants to work at our schools throughout South and South West London.
Learning Support and teaching
- Support pupil learning through the delivery of specific learning programmes, setting high expectations whilst encouraging their independence and building their confidence
- Mentor students on a 1:1, planning and leading a series of booster and intervention sessions to tackle difficult topics.
- Observe, record and feedback information of pupil performance.
- Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher to assist in behaviour management and to support pupils in their learning objectives.
- Promote inclusion, encouraging pupils to interact and work collaboratively
- Adapt and develop resources for EAL and SEND pupils, ensuring their safety and enabling them to access the curriculum.
- Assist in creating materials for curriculum delivery and display boards.
- Actively promote the safety and welfare of our children and young people
- Ensure compliance with Arks data protection rules and procedures
- Liaise with colleagues and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy
- Work with Ark Central and other academies in the Ark network, to establish good practice throughout the network, offering support where required
- Right to work in UK.
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil.
- To be a learner and continually seek professional development opportunities.
- Experience of working with children in a tutoring or classroom capacity.
- Experience managing children in a formal setting
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent at grade C or above (or equiv)
- Certified teach assistant course or training or willingness to undertake this
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across The Supply Register contact us on 0208 058 8960