Role: Teaching Assistant
Day to day supply work
For Greenwoods Trust
Pay: £75 per day
Contract Type: Supply
Start Date: September 2022
*** We offer great rates of pay, weekly pay, 1-1 consultant and free training ***
The Supply Register are proud to be working as a manged serviced provider working exclusively The Greenwoods academies trust. This includes: Nottingham Academy, Nottingham Girls academy and The wells academy.
What is a teaching assistant?
A teaching assistant provides support to teachers in the classroom. This may include working directly with teachers to plan lessons or mark work, or it may be working one-on-one with students to assist with their learning.
What are the responsibilities of a teaching assistant?
- Preparing the classroom for lessons and tidying it up afterwards
- Assisting with lesson plans
- Supporting children across the curriculum
- Providing extra assistance to children with special needs
- Recording and reporting a student’s progress to the teacher
- Marking work
- Motivating and encouraging students
- Supervising students during school trips or activities
- Attending meetings
- Looking after children who are unwell or upset
Higher level teaching assistants may also take additional responsibilities, such as:
- Teaching classes on their own
- Covering planned absences
- Managing other learning support staff
** Please note, cover/supply work can be booked in advance or required on a day-to-day basis. Candidates should be willing to be available to pick up work first thing in the morning **
Who is suitable for this role –
- Previous experience in a school setting
- Previous TA experience
- Hold or working towards a degree
- Worked or volunteers In a social club setting working with ages 11-17
- Someone who wants to make a difference and shape young minds
- GCSE in Maths and English
- Ability to manage behaviour and set expectations
Why Should You Apply?
- Fantastic FREE opportunities for CPD
- Gain great experience in schools
- We pay immediately to scale on long term positions.
- Find the work you want to do on our Candidate portal
- Weekly PAYE payments
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring and creative lessons
- Have and set high expectations of behaviour and learning from the outset of the lesson
- Supervise and deliver work that has been set
- Ensure all students are working well on set tasks and assist them where needed and possible
- Enforce all school policies regarding behaviour, safeguarding and uniform etc
- Establish and maintain a safe and positive learning environment in the lesson you are covering
Register to work for us in three easy steps –
- Apply for the role with a full CV.
- Attend a telephone interview to start the compliance process
- Attend a video verification and get to know team’s video call
**The Supply Register is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students, and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check.**
You will require an enhanced DBS on the update service for these roles. Or be willing to process a new one which costs £55 – this is essential