Senior Science Technician
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 36 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks per year)
The Supply Register are proud to be working as a managed service provider on behalf of the ARK Trust. We are working with academies within the trust for all requirements including daily and long term requirements. Due to continued growth, we are looking for eager and energetic senior science technician to begin immediately in Birmingham. The role has potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
To support the delivery of science by providing practical day-to-day support in the learning environment and will ensure that the classrooms and display boards are up to date
To monitor standards and practices within the classroom and identify and communicate improvements to working practices to ensure the highest standards are achieved
To provide technical and learning assistance and information in the classroom and across the school community in order to support students and staff
To support students in the classroom environment to assist in the learning process.
To assist classroom teachers as directed to produce creative classroom displays that can be used to enhance classroom practice
To ensure high standards of Health and Safety are maintained at all times.
To prepare (and where appropriate manufacture) teaching materials as required to ensure effective support for teaching staff in the Science department
To repair, maintain and store equipment in order to guarantee safe and effective upkeep
To set up science practical’s in advance of lessons when required
To ensure the prep room is kept clean, tidy and safe.
Equipment Maintenance and Stock
To maintain inventory of equipment and stock control in order to maintain a supply of equipment for teaching use. Order stock as directed by the Subject Leader/Head of Department so that resources are adequate for lessons
To receive and check deliveries of supplies to ensure accuracy from suppliers
To liaise with equipment providers to ensure good quality provision and value for money
To procure biological consumables, i.e. fruit, hearts and other perishable items as necessary, ensuring they are stored and later disposed of in a safe, hygienic and secure way.
Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the Principal and/or line manager.
Experience of working in a school
Experience of the KS3, 4 & 5 science curriculums (desirable)
Health and Safety training or experience
Professional laboratory experience is preferred
· Good communication skills, including written and oral
· Good organisation skills
· Ability to work and plan under pressure
· Able to understand and implement particular strategies and methods to help pupils to improve their learning and enjoyment of learning
· Awareness of safety issues as appropriate to the post
· Health and Safety risk assessment in specific working environment
· Able to help implement the necessary routines and patterns to establish good behaviour management within the school
· Understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- Willingness to undertake training
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
If You are interested in the role, apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across The Supply Register contact Pindi via email or the resourcing team on telephone. Visit our website for more vacancies and opportunities across The Supply Register