SEND Teaching Assistants required
Milestone Academy, New Ash Green Kent
Short-term/ supply roles
£78-84 per day
The Supply Register is currently working in partnership with Milestone Academy in Kent to find experienced SEN Teaching assistants to work with a range of special education needs. These roles are being offered on a daily supply and short-term supply basis.
We are looking for proactive and dynamic SEND Teaching Assistants to provide support for pupils who have a range of needs in the Academy. The Academy serves pupils aged 2-19 years old with a range of special educational needs. Each day the students bring their own unique energy into their school and in turn the Academy staff ensure that they receive a high quality educational provision.
- Ensure the maintenance of a clean, orderly and safe working environment making sure that equipment/resources/materials are set out on time and as per instructions received and used safely to enable pupils meet their learning targets.
- Assist teacher with learning activities ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of pupils (including off-site activities including trips). Support the pupils in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher to enable pupils’ progress towards their targets. Be aware of and support differences to ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Provide clerical/admin support (e.g. typing, photocopying, display, collection and recording of money etc.) and undertake basic recording keeping in respect of pupil learning, behaviour management, child protection etc. (including liaising with therapists) as directed in order to support the teacher deliver the specific learning programmes set for each child.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security and confidentiality reporting all concerns to an appropriate person to ensure pupils’ wellbeing.
- Contribute to the overall work/aims of the school and appreciate and support the role of colleagues and other professionals to enable the school fulfil its development plans etc.
- Undertake training and other learning activities and attend relevant meetings (within contracted hours) as required to ensure own continuing professional development.
- Implement behaviour management programmes for pupils with severe learning and/or emotional problems to ensure pupils’ wellbeing, health, safety and learning needs are met.
- Previous experience of working with children with special educational needs
- Use basic technology within an education setting (computer, video, photocopier)
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security, equal opportunities and confidentiality.
- Have the ability to relate well to children and adults, understanding their needs and being able to respond accordingly.
- Good influencing skills to encourage pupils to interact with others and be socially responsible.
- First Aid qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- Must have the Right to work in the UK
- Must hold an Enhanced DBS registered on the Update Service or be willing to process one
- Must be able to provide a minimum of 2 professional references to cover the last 2 years
If you are interested in this role please apply now and a member of The Supply Register Team will be in touch!