SEN Teaching Assistant – Permanent
The Supply Register are recruiting on behalf of a successful and popular FE College for a number of SEN Teaching Assistants. These positions are Permanent posts and start in September 2021. The successful applicant will have experience and knowledge of working alongside students who have additional needs. Ideally this would include anxiety, mental health, dyslexia, autism or ADHD experience. The college offer a range of vocational courses and practical subjects, so they are well-placed to support students who aren’t interested in the more traditional subjects. Students may be studying Animal Management, Adventure Sports, Floristry or Engineering for example. Support members of staff such as Teaching Assistants don’t have to be an expert in any of these areas as the role is purely supporting students with their core skills, time management and general support; especially with the students who suffer with mental health issues and anxiety.
– Supporting students who have been previously identified as vulnerable.
– Offering students help with managing their workload, building confidence or mental health needs.
– Working with other members of staff to share best practice and information where appropriate.
– Permanent position, direct with the college.
– Interesting work in practical subjects.
– Working alongside young people who want to gain vocational qualifications.
– Experience working in a similar position as a Teaching Assistant for example would be beneficial.
– Patience, approachability and flexibility across a range of subject areas.
– A DBS on the Update Service or be willing to apply for a new one.
– Pass grades at GSCE Maths and English or equivalent.
Please apply now or call The Supply Register for more information.