Secondary Teaching Assistants required
Ark Alexandra Academy, Hastings
Day-to-Day Supply, Short-term Supply and Temporary assignments
£86-£96 per day
The Supply Register is currently working in partnership with Ark Alexandra Academy in Hastings to find experienced Teaching assistants to work across all secondary year groups. We are looking for people to work a mix of day-to-day supply, short-term supply and temporary assignments as the school requires. We are looking for proactive and dynamic Teaching Assistants to provide support for pupils across all year groups.
- Ensure the maintenance of a clean, orderly and safe working environment making sure that equipment/resources/materials are set out on time and as per instructions received and used safely to enable pupils meet their learning targets.
- Assist teacher with learning activities ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of pupils (including off-site activities including trips). Support the pupils in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher to enable pupils’ progress towards their targets. Be aware of and support differences to ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Provide clerical/admin support (e.g. typing, photocopying, display, collection and recording of money etc.) and undertake basic recording keeping in respect of pupil learning, behaviour management, child protection etc. (including liaising with therapists) as directed in order to support the teacher deliver the specific learning programmes set for each child.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security and confidentiality reporting all concerns to an appropriate person to ensure pupils’ wellbeing.
- Provide support for the class teacher and colleagues to ensure pupils’ wellbeing, health and safety is maintained.
- Appropriate standard of relevant education (i.e. NVQ level 1 or equivalent) together with good numeracy and literature skills.
- Previous experience of working with children.
- Use basic technology within an education setting (computer, video, photocopier)
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security, equal opportunities and confidentiality.
- Have the ability to relate well to children and adults, understanding their needs and being able to respond accordingly.
- Must have the Right to work in the UK
- Must hold an Enhanced DBS registered on the Update Service or be willing to process one
- Must be able to provide a minimum of 2 professional references to cover the last 2 years
If you are interested in this role, please apply now and a member of The Supply Register team will be in touch!!