School SEND Administator required in Ilford
Hours: 35 hours per week. 46.8 weeks per year.
Required: As soon as possible
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)? We are recruiting for this exclusive role and are looking for experienced, committed and resilient individuals who can support the SEND department to deliver a consistent, high quality, integrated and seamless service. This academy is looking for somebody who has experience with SEND as well as relevant admin experience and qualifications. The successful candidate will be required to fulfil a range of duties to support and enable to best possible learning environment for students.
- Provide administrative support to the team, acting as first point of contact between the SENCO, stakeholders and all external parties
- To coordinate and administer the processing of termly and annual review procedures
- Liaise with outside agencies to arrange meetings and co-ordinate agency timetable to ensure students receive allocated hours on Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP).
- To coordinate administration of IEPs of EHCP and SEN category students and distribute to all relevant parties.
- To coordinate and undertake general administration including arrangements for the identification, assessment and provision for all SEND pupils
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems and shared resources e.g. SEN register
- Attend and take notes at meetings, produce and circulate minutes as necessary
Qualifications and skills
- Previous experience in a school administration or related role.
- Previous school experience working with children with SEND needs or as SEND coordinator.
- Experience of liasing with outside agencies and arranging meetings to fit around pupils allocated hours on their EHCP.
- Experience of coordinating administration of IEP’s, EHCP’s and SEN category students and distribute to all relevant parties.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Proficiency in office software (e.g. Microsoft office, SIMS etc)
What we can offer you
- Weekly pay on a Friday.
- First come first serve to any work/days that the schools need.
- The opportunity for long term or permanent work.
- Flexibility to choose what days you would like to work each week.
- Direct access to your local partnership manager.
- Regular and consistent work in your chosen schools.
- To have or be willing to obtain a DBS certificate on the update service.
- Provide a minimum of two references to cover the last 24 months of employment.
The Supply Register is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.