School Maintenance Technician required in East Cornwall
Medium term cover
Hours – 2pm – 10pm, 37 hours per week
Avaialability: Immediate start
We are looking for an experienced School Maintenance Technician in East Cornwall. This academy is seeking an organised and self-motivated individual who can provide high-quality site maintenance and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations. You must ensure that the properties are maintained to a high standards and are kept in optimum working condition. The successful candidate will be working across several sites so must have a current driving licence and be willing to drive between site locations.
Roles and responsibilities
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Understanding of COSHH regulations.
- Ability to identify risks/hazards and mitigate/reduce them.
- Monitor and manage resources and stock levels.
- Use IT systems to communicate and record information.
- Interact with staff, visitors, pupils and parents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Organise and oversee contractors carrying out works on-site.
- Carry out procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage.
- Ensure all areas are free from litter and maintain health and safety of dustbin areas.
- Ensure all external areas are free of slip and trip hazards including ice and leaves.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Estates Manager.
- Must have a current driving licence
- Must be willing to travel between site locations.
- Have a basic understanding of electrical work, plumbing and carpentry.
- Must be proficient in the use of IT (Microsoft office) and effectively use a mobile phone.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to undertake physically demanding work.
- To have or be willing to obtain a DBS certificate on the update service.
- Provide a minimum of two references (three if neither are child-based) to cover the last 24 months of employment.
The Supply Register is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.