School Lunchtime Supervisor required in Halsnead
Hours: 11.30am – 1.15pm
Days: Monday to Friday (term time only)
We are looking for passionate and experienced lunchtime supervisors to support with playground and lunchtime duties at one of our school in Halsnead. As a lunchtime supervisor you will be responsible for supervising pupils at lunchtime and whilst on the playground, leading group games and activities and ensuring any children who are ill or injured receive the appropriate medical attention.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- To supervise pupils at mealtimes – encouraging children to eat healthily, helping infants to open packaging or cut up food, and providing some social and educational training, such as good table manners.
- To clean up spillages, cleaning tables and clearing the dining area.
- To oversee children in the playground or during wet play and monitor the safety and suitability of activities.
- To lead on group games and activities to ensure that all pupils feel safe, secure and included when on the playground.
- To supervise children using toilet facilities – giving permission to older children and accompanying infants, checking they wash and dry their hands.
- To make sure children who are ill or injured receive appropriate medical attention, and report any serious accidents.
- To carry out any such duties as may be reasonably requested.
In return the school has to offer:
- Salary is paid to scale weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Opportunities for flexible part-time or contract work
- Must have an enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or be willing to apply for one
- Must be able to provide two professional references which covers the last 24 months of work/study periods
- Some previous kitchen/catering/cafe experience would be ideal