Experienced Designated Safeguarding Lead required in Ilford (IG4)
Availability Required – Full time – Starting ASAP – This role is ongoing
Salary: £13 – £15 per hour
Are you an experienced Designated Safeguarding Lead looking for your next challenge? We are recruiting for this exclusive role and are looking for experienced, highly self-motivated and resilient individuals who can bring a positive energy to this role. This academy is looking for somebody who is organised and flexible as not one day will be the same in this exciting and invigorating role. You must be a Level 3 trained DSL and must have experience of doing this role in a secondary school setting.
- Lead and coordinate safeguarding efforts to create a secure environment for all.
- Develop and implement effective safeguarding policies and procedures in line with statutory guidance.
- Train and support staff in safeguarding protocol and raise awareness across school community.
- Liase with external agencies to provide support to students in need.
- Collaborate with parents and carers, maintaining open communication to address concerns and promote a positive school environment.
- Keep up-to-date with safeguarding best practice and ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Must hold a Level 3 Designated Safeguarding Lead qualification.
- Must have experience of being a safeguarding lead in a secondary school.
- Must have a child or child & adult DBS certificate on the update service or be willing to apply for one.
- Must be able to provide a minimum of two references (three if one is not child-based) to cover the last 24 months of employment.
The Supply Register is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.