School Catering Assistant Required in Nottingham
Days: Monday to Friday (term time only)
Hours: 10am to 2pm (hours may vary)
By joining the The Supply Register staff bank you will receive regular updates from dedicated Partnership Executives about immediate requirements (daily, short term and long-term supply) as well of any upcoming positions within the trust on either a permanent or fixed term basis.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in schools and in a kitchen/catering environment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with the preparation, setting up and serving of meals in line with food hygiene regulations.
- Clean kitchen equipment and dining furniture as required in designated areas.
- Assist with the moving and setting up of dining furniture in designated areas.
- Undertake shared responsibility for cashier duties and be responsible for operating a cash register.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety, food hygiene and COSSH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations at all times.
- Support the team in promoting equal opportunities in the workplace and delivering services, which are accessible and appropriate to the diverse needs of service users.
- Undertake such duties as may be considered appropriate by the School Catering Manager in line with the needs of the service.
In return we can offer:
- Salary is paid to scale weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Opportunities for flexible part-time or contract work
- Must have an enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or be willing to apply for one
- Must be able to provide two professional references which covers the last 24 months of work/study periods
- Some previous kitchen/catering/cafe experience would be ideal