School Catering Assistant required in Knaresborough
Term-time only – Temp to Perm available on this role
Hours: 11.30am – 1.30pm – Monday to Friday
Are you an experienced Catering Assistant looking for your next challenge? The Supply Register are proud to be working as a managed provider on behalf of Wellspring Academy Trust. We are recruiting for this exclusive role and are looking for an experienced, passionate and friendly individual who has experience of working in a catering or busy kitchen environment. This school are looking for somebody who has a can do attititude and will work enthusiastically to provide exceptional, wholesome and delicious meals to every child. The ideal candidate will have patience and understanding when working with children who find communication challenging.
- Support with food preparation, serving, washing up and cleaning.
- Work to the highest standards of food safety and follow HSE requirements.
- Ensure food is prepared with regard and attention to special dietary requirements and allergies.
- Support the cook with recipe costing, stock control and record keeping.
- Use excellent communication skills to work alongside and collaborate with other colleagues in the kitchen and build rapport with pupils and the school team.
- Perfom other reasonable duties as requested by the Catering Operations Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working in a catering/ busy kitchen environment and complying with health and safety standards.
- Experience working as part of a team and using your own initiative.
- Effective customer service skills and being able to work to high standards.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to undertake training and professional development.
- Some experience working with children with SEND would be desirable.
What we can offer in return:
- Weekly pay on a Friday.
- First come first serve to any work/days that the schools need.
- The opportunity for long term or permanent work.
- Flexibility to choose what days you would like to work each week.
- Direct access to your local partnership manager.
- Regular and consistent work in your chosen schools.
- To have or be willing to obtain a DBS certificate on the update service.
- Provide a minimum of two references to cover the last 24 months of employment.
The Supply Register is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.