School Catering Assistant/Kitchen Porter Required in Croydon
Days: Monday to Friday (term time only)
Hours: 10.30am/11am to 3pm (hours may vary)
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with the preparation, setting up and serving of meals in line with food hygiene regulations.
- Clean kitchen equipment and dining furniture as required in designated areas.
- Assist with the moving and setting up of dining furniture in designated areas.
- Undertake shared responsibility for cashier duties and be responsible for operating a cash register.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety, food hygiene and COSSH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations at all times.
- Support the team in promoting equal opportunities in the workplace and delivering services, which are accessible and appropriate to the diverse needs of service users.
- Undertake in cleaning of the dining hall/kitchen
- Assist with cleaning of dishes.
- Undertake such duties as may be considered appropriate by the School Catering Manager in line with the needs of the service.
In return the school has to offer:
- Salary is paid to scale weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Opportunities for flexible part-time or contract work
- Must have an enhanced DBS registered to the Update Service or be willing to apply for one
- Must be able to provide two professional references which covers the last 24 months of work/study periods
- Some previous kitchen/catering/cafe experience would be ideal