School caretaker Required in Leeds
Days: Monday to Friday plus during holidays
Hours: 7am till 7pm (Hours to be agreed)
Candidates must be able to drive and have basic DIY/maintenance and ICT skills
As Premises Assistant, you will play an integral role in ensuring the Academy is a safe, inviting, and positive learning environment for students, staff and visitors. You will work to ensure the highest quality of site maintenance. You will support the management and operations of premises-related functions at the academy including buildings and grounds maintenance, security, cleaning, health and safety, lettings of our facilities and contractors.
Duties to include:
- Locking or unlocking of the school as required and ensuring general security of the site
- Routine maintenance of school buildings and grounds and also undertaking minor repair work, for example changing light bulbs, erecting shelves, painting and redecorating, minor plumbing, as well as grounds maintenance including grass-cutting
- Cleaning duties including litter, bins, and toilets; assistance with deep cleaning of classroom and school pool/changing rooms.
- Porterage of heavy objects for example stock, furniture, or equipment
- Ensuring the school has sufficient stock of cleaning resources
- Overseeing of external contractors visiting the school site
- Support the school policies and procedures, for example relating to child safeguarding and data protection, and contributing to the trust ethos as a whole
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Health, Safety and Security
- Work with the Premises Manager to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and guidance
- Act as first aider and fire warden
- Work with the Premises Manager to ensure cover for all agreed Academy opening hours, which may include evening and weekend use.
- Work with the Premises Manager to ensure the general security of the buildings and grounds.
- Assist with maintaining risk assessments and management plans ensuring that they are up to date and comply with any action plans to rectify any deficiencies identified.
- Follow fire safety and evacuation measures and ensure fire risk assessments are followed. Maintenance & Cleaning
- Carry out simple repairs and general maintenance, carrying out works safely and to a high standard to help keep it in a good state of repair and appearance.
- Promptly identify and make safe any hazards on site, reporting these to the Premises Manager.
- Work with the Premises Manager in conducting routine inspections and keeping records using the building management system.
- To ensure that all plant and other equipment are available and working effectively during the opening hours of the academy and adjusted as required for evening and weekend use.
- Promptly dispose of waste in accordance with legislation.
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references