School Care Taker
Wade Deacon High School
Widnes – WA8 7TD
Hours of Work: Full Timer 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £18,562-£18,933+ Shift Allowance
To be responsible for the building maintenance, cleanliness, security and maintenance of furnishings, fixtures, plant and heavy equipment within the designated school site(s).
Security and Safety
- Maintain premises security such that key holding procedures are observed and that premises remain as secure as is practically possible.
- Respond to and accurately record all call outs, liaising with the security force and police as appropriate.
- Make premises secure after break-ins
- Regularly test fire alarms and be familiar with the evacuation procedure for the premises and carry out evacuation drills.
- Undertake the role of Fire Marshall.
- Ensure the safe storage of materials covered by the COSHH regulations.
- Ensure stringent health and safety provision and adherence to safe working practice
- Advise the appropriate senior member of staff on matters relating to energy control and conservation, implementing measures to prevent waste.
- Ensure lights and other equipment are switched off as appropriate.
- Operate, manage and control cleaning materials and equipment including the ordering, storage and distribution to appropriate personnel.
- Undertake porterage of stock, furniture and equipment as required.
- Report all structural, fabric, furnishings, fixtures and equipment defects to the appropriate person.
- Undertake minor/simple repairs as require e.g.; minor plumbing, changing light bulbs, redecorating and fixing etc.
- Undertake regular school (site) premises inspections and identify and record repair maintenance requirements.
- To organise and carry out various maintenance duties to ensure that the general upkeep and maintenance of the school premises is satisfactory, as per specific schedule for the school site.
- Liaise with external contractors and monitor their work ensuring it is carried out punctually and to the required standard.
- To organise and carry out minor improvement work e.g. erecting shelves, notice boards, bookshelves etc. as agreed with the appropriate senior member of staff.
- Undertake general cleaning duties within the premises and outside of the premises to ensure a safe and hygienic working environment is maintained.
All applicant will be subject to full employment checks including a DBS check being applied for or an update check being carried out on a current DBS.
Why Should You Apply?
- Fantastic FREE opportunities for CPD
- Gain great experience in schools
- We pay immediately to scale on long term positions.
- Find the work you want to do on our Candidate portal
- Weekly PAYE payments
If You are interested in the role, apply today – This position will be starting ASAP