Primary Teaching Assistant required
Ark John Keats Academy, Enfield
Full-time role, ASAP Start
£87-£99 per day
The Supply Register is currently working in partnership with Ark John Keats Academy in Enfield to find an experienced Teaching assistant to work in the Primary phase of the Academy. This is a full-time role, starting ASAP.
We are looking for a proactive and dynamic Teaching Assistant to provide support for pupils in the Primary Phase of the Academy. This is the perfect position to make a real difference in the development of pupils; you will be working in the classroom and implementing programmes of support designed specially to meet their needs. The role is ideal for a new or established colleague who aspires to grow and develop as an outstanding Teaching Assistant and great for those who are considering teacher training in the future. The successful candidate will be based in the Primary Phase of an all-through academy which provides a wide range of CPD opportunities and EYFS experience would be preferred.
- Ensure the maintenance of a clean, orderly and safe working environment making sure that equipment/resources/materials are set out on time and as per instructions received and used safely to enable pupils meet their learning targets.
- Assist teacher with learning activities ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of pupils (including off-site activities including trips). Support the pupils in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher to enable pupils’ progress towards their targets. Be aware of and support differences to ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Provide clerical/admin support (e.g. typing, photocopying, display, collection and recording of money etc.) and undertake basic recording keeping in respect of pupil learning, behaviour management, child protection etc. (including liaising with therapists) as directed in order to support the teacher deliver the specific learning programmes set for each child.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security and confidentiality reporting all concerns to an appropriate person to ensure pupils’ wellbeing.
- Contribute to the overall work/aims of the school and appreciate and support the role of colleagues and other professionals to enable the school fulfil its development plans etc.
- Undertake training and other learning activities and attend relevant meetings (within contracted hours) as required to ensure own continuing professional development.
- Provide support for the class teacher and colleagues to ensure pupils’ wellbeing, health and safety is maintained.
- Appropriate standard of relevant education (i.e. NVQ level 1 or equivalent) together with good numeracy and literature skills.
- Previous experience of working with children.
- Use basic technology within an education setting (computer, video, photocopier)
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security, equal opportunities and confidentiality.
- Have the ability to relate well to children and adults, understanding their needs and being able to respond accordingly.
- Good influencing skills to encourage pupils to interact with others and be socially responsible.
- First Aid qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- Must have the Right to work in the UK
- Must hold an Enhanced DBS registered on the Update Service or be willing to process one
- Must be able to provide a minimum of 2 professional references to cover the last 2 years
If you are interested in this role then please apply now and a member of The Supply Register Team will be in touch!