Ark Bolingbroke – Wandsworth
Start date: 25/7/22 to 26/8/22
Hours of work: 8am – 4pm
Daily Rate: £90 – £115 (depending on experience)
As Premises Assistant, you will play an integral role on the team responsible for ensuring Ark Bolingbroke is a safe, inviting and positive learning environment for pupils, staff and visitors. You will work to ensure the highest quality of site maintenance.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To maintain and repair the Academy premises & facilities, where necessary
- To liaise with external contractors on site
- Maintain the Academy grounds, keep site clear of litter and empty bins regularly
- Monitor the toilets for cleanliness and replenish soap, toilet tissue, roller towels as required
- To open up or lock/secure the Academy premises, depending on shift
- Assist the site team in the arrangement furniture for exams and Academy events
- Report to the Site Manager lights that need replacing, graffiti or any broken fixtures and fittings
- Being vigilant for any health and safety hazards
- To be responsible for ensuring any spillages are promptly cleaned, disinfected and made safe Qualifications, Knowledge & Training
- Basic awareness of Health and Safety legislation;
- An understanding of maintenance & repair requirements
- Able to use own initiative Experience
- Desirable – Experience of working in a school
- DIY knowledge Personal Skills & Qualities
- Good practical skills
- Ability to monitor and order stocks of material
- Ability to deal with emergencies
- Able to work as part of a team
- Replenish caretaking consumables (e.g. paper towels, soap, toilet rolls, hand sanitiser) and ensure stocks are held securely for use in academy
- Move furniture and stage equipment as directed by the Principal
- Cover ad hoc cleaning and maintenance requirements for both internal and external areas as required, ensuring a hygienic and safe working environment for staff, pupils and visitors to the academy.
• Right to work in the UK
• Relevant trade qualification desirable but not essential
• Relevant First Aid qualification is desirable but not essential
Candidates will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
Contact Kirsty via email Kirsty.Connor@supplyregister.uk or call the resourcing team on 02080588226.