Learning Support Assistant required
Ark Charter Academy, Portsmouth
Full-time role ASAP Start
£87-£99 per day
The Supply Register is currently working in partnership with Ark Charter Academy in Portsmouth to find a dedicated and experienced Learning Support Assistants to join their team ASAP. This is a full-time role for term-time only. You will be working on both a 1:1 basis or in groups with pupils across all secondary age groups. As such, previous experience in working with SEN is mandatory for this role.
Ark Charter Academy is a happy and vibrant school based in the heart of Portsmouth. It is their aim that all students should become confident and resilient young people, assured in their strengths and prepared to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing future. To achieve this they offer an academic curriculum that strives to expose all pupils to the richness of education, allowing them to experience a diversity of subjects during their time at the academy.
- Work alongside pupils on a 1:1 basis or in small groups to both nurture and support their learning
- Ensure the safety of pupils both inside and outside of the classroom
- Work alongside colleagues to plan appropriate tasks and targets for your pupil/pupils
- Provide feedback for both colleagues and parents/ guardians
- Liaise with both internal colleagues and external sources where appropriate
- Previous experience in working with SEN is mandatory for this role
- Must hold the right to work in the UK
- Must hold an Enhanced DBS registered on the Update Service or be willing to process one
- Must be able to provide a minimum of 2 professional references to cover the last 2 years
If you are interested in this role, please apply now and a member of The Supply Register Team will be in touch!!