The Supply Register are proud to be working as a managed service provider on behalf of Ark Schools. We are working in partnership with Ark Schools to accommodate all teaching and classroom support requirements including daily and long-term positions.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for eager and energetic KS2 Teaching Assistants to support these academies on an ongoing basis. As a KS2 Teaching Assistant you will be required to work alongside Ark schools in London with pupils across a variety of school ages and with a range of needs.
You will either be based at a specific Ark School, or form part of the Ark Schools bank in which the opportunity to work in different environments before make a longer term commitment (if this is wanted) and will be required to assist several schools in the Ark network. This particular position provides you with the opportunity to join our bank of staff for the schools in the Cornwall area and the flexibility to choose when you work. If you have an understanding and capacity to manage young people with learning and/or behavioural difficulties and you have a desire to help make a difference to young people’s lives then we would like to hear from you.
Under the direction/instruction of Senior Leaders, you will provide general support to students and staff, including preparation, routine maintenance of resources/equipment.
Your key responsibility will be to support students in accessing learning activities in a variety of settings, including vocational placements and Learning Outside the Classroom, as directed by Teachers and Senior Leaders.
These may include:
- Offering Support and encouragement when participating in learning activities
- Promoting and demonstrating a positive behaviour model
- Assisting with the supervision of students during off-site activities, including Training Placements
- Being aware of, and complying with Policies and Procedures relating to: – Child Protection; Health & Safety; Security; and Confidentiality – reporting all concerns to the Designated Person/s
- Being aware of, and supporting difference, and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Providing support for the preparation of, and undertaking of examinations
- Being an effective role model for the standards of behaviour expected of the students
- Providing support in the development of IEP’s
- As and when required, to undertake duties in connection with personal hygiene and welfare of students, as directed by teaching staff
- Provide clerical/admin support, e.g. attendance/absence, typing, photocopying, printing, display, baseline assessment
- Ensuring maintenance of a clean, safe, and orderly working environment
- Timely and accurate preparation of routine equipment, resources, materials, as instructed, ensuring quality/safety
- Undertake record keeping as directed
- Monitoring and arranging orderly and secure storage of learning resources
- GCSE English and Maths (A*-C) or Adult Literacy & Numeracy Level 2 equivalent
- Teaching assistant related qualification
- Youth work related qualification
- Other equivalent qualification relevant to children/young people
- MAPA and or First aid training although training can be provided
- Level 3 qualification in working with children or young people
The Supply Register is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students, and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check.
If you are interested in the role, apply today or for more information regarding the position and any other teaching opportunities across the Supply Register, contact James via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give James a call on 07754854488. Alternatively, you can visit our website to see what other vacancies and opportunities The Supply Register has for you.