ICT Teacher Required
Ark Alexandra Academy- Hastings
Full-time role, January 2024 start
£28,704 – £45,437 per annum
The Supply Register is currently working in partnership with Ark Alexandra Academy in Hastings to appoint two enthusiastic ICT teachers to join their team from January 2024. These roles would be suitable for both experienced teachers or Early Career Teachers (ECTs) looking to start their career in a secondary school setting.
Ark Alexandra is a two-campus secondary academy with a Sixth Form provision in Hastings, East Sussex and is the largest secondary with 6th form in the Ark network. A popular school, they have grown to have over 1,600 students this year. They work across a split site which brings with it unique opportunities for growth and development. At their most recent Ofsted inspection in September 2021, Leadership & Management, Behaviour & Attitudes, Personal Development and Sixth Form were all judged to be Good.
Responsibilities of an ICT Teacher
- Set high expectations so that all students are inspired, motivated, and challenged to reach their full potential, and in doing so meet their progress and attainment targets
- Plan and teach well-structured, differentiated lessons that are aligned to the agreed curriculum and cultivate every student’s intellectual curiosity
- Use data to inform teaching and learning, identify areas for intervention and provide feedback to students, staff, and families to promote progress and outcomes with a specific focus on intervention for vulnerable groups including PP, EAL, SEND students
- Manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful, and nurturing environment so that students can focus on learning
- Work collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
- Participate actively throughout the network, by attending relevant meetings, and, as appropriate, delivering network-wide training and initiatives
- Work with colleagues, students, and families to develop a strong school community
Requirements for an ICT Teacher
- Must hold QTS or equivalent teaching qualifications
- Must hold the Right to work in the UK
- Must hold an Enhanced DBS registered on the Update service or be willing to process one
- Must be able to provide a minimum of two professional references to cover the past two years
If you are interested in this role, please apply now and a member of The Supply Register Team will be in touch!