Head of Year Required
Ark King Solomon Academy, Westminster
ASAP start, Permanent role
Paid to scale
The Supply Register is currently working in partnership with Ark King Solomon Academy to appoint an exceptional Head of Year to join their team ASAP. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and high-performing teacher and leader who is committed to pushing themselves further and achieving amazing things with and for their pupils. Ark King Solomon holds high expectations and a sense of collaborative and positive enthusiasm which brings out the best in their team. Through weekly coaching and time allocated to professional development they can help their teachers and leaders excel in creating a successful environment for our pupils.
As a member of the pastoral leadership team, this role requires a leader who is 100% aligned to King Solomon Academy’s values, mission and approach. This role will provide the opportunity to be mentored and nurtured as a leader in one of the highest performing and most forward-thinking schools in the country.
Responsibilities of a Head of Year
- Role model exceptional teaching and set the standard for teaching in the year group
- Manage class teachers in their class teacher responsibilities (including attendance tracking, pastoral management, parent communication, registration culture, form/team culture)
- Implement pastoral provisions and behaviour management strategies for specific pupils
- Demonstrate high expectations of behaviour, holding pupils to account for their actions at all times
- Plan personal development education in the year group in cooperation with the PSHE coordinator
- Maintain excellent relationships with parents
- Be held accountable for the progress of all pupils in all subjects in their year group
- Manage other appropriate staff as required
- Contribute to the overall academy wide leadership though specific leadership duties
- Develop staff through feedback and support
Requirements for this role
- Must hold QTS or equivalent teaching qualifications
- Must hold the Right to work for the UK
- Must hold an Enhanced DBS or be willing to process one
- Must be able to provide a minimum of 2 professional references to cover the last 2 years
If you are interested in this role, please apply now and a member of The Supply Register team will be in touch!