Head of Physics Required
Ark Alexandra Academy, Hastings, East Sussex
Start ASAP, Permanent role
£30,570 – £48,390 + TLR 2C
The Supply Register is currently working alongside Ark Alexandra Academy in Hastings to find a proactive and inspiring Head of Physics to oversee the subject and be a part of a friendly, supportive and hard-working Science department. The successful candidate will play a vital role in fostering curiosity, critical thinking, and to help instil a love for scientific exploration among all students.
Ark Alexandra is a two-campus secondary academy with a Sixth Form provision in Hastings, East Sussex and is the largest secondary with 6th form in the Ark network. A popular school, they have grown to have over 1,600 students this year. They work across a split site which brings with it unique opportunities for growth and development.
- Enable all teachers of Physics to achieve expertise in teaching and planning, through coaching and support, as well as through the provision of CPD and inset training days
- Develop strong partnerships and ensure regular communication with parents and carers
- Design, oversee, monitor and evaluate an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires students and develops their skills and knowledge, while identifying clear targets, timescales and success criteria for development
- Monitor the work of the department through rigorous and regular lesson observations, and provide detailed, constructive feedback
- Demonstrate consistently high expectations of all students and a commitment to raising their achievement and social and emotional well-being
- Promote the positive values, attitudes and behaviour expected from all students by treating them with respect and consideration
- Develop strong and positive relationships with students
- Implement all school policies, including the school’s behaviour policy
- Must hold QTS
- Experience or knowledge of improving the quality of teaching and learning through the development of progression plans, schemes of work and high quality resources
- Experience leading a team and/or working to support the significant success of others
- Experience of interpreting complex student data to drive lesson planning and student progress
- Must hold the Right to work in the UK
- Must be able to provide a minimum of 2 years worth of professional references
If you are interested in this role please apply now and a member of The Supply Register Team will be in touch! Please note that we are only accepting applications from those with The Right to work in the UK that hold QTS.