EAL Teaching Assistant – Hillside High School
The Supply Register are working in partnership with Hillside High School in Bootle to support them with the recruitment of a Teaching Assistant with EAL (English as an Additional Language) experience. This role will last for at least 1 year but there is also the very real possibility that this role will turn into a permanent position for the right candidate. The post would suit someone with EAL experience such as working alongside students who speak another language either in the UK or abroad. This may also be suitable for TEFL Teachers/Tutors etc.
– Working on a 1:1 basis with a student who has limited ability to speak English.
– Liaising with the family, school and other members of staff to share best practice.
– Encouraging the student to speak more and more English where possible.
– Experience working with young people, ideally in a school setting.
– Knowledge and experience of working alongside students who have difficulties speaking the English language.
– DBS on the Update Service (or be willing to apply for one).
– Good rates of pay, paid on a weekly basis.
– A long-term role, which could turn into a permanent post.
– Access to other opportunities within the Trust.
The successful applicant will require Safeguarding and Prevent training dated within the last 12 months. If you do not already have these qualifications, TSR are happy to provide you with a free, short online course. Please ask us for more details.
Apply now for more information.