Role: Cover Supervisor
Day to day supply work
For schools in the Mansfield area
Pay: £80 – £90 per day
Contract Type: Supply
Start Date: September 2022
*** We offer great rates of pay, weekly pay, 1-1 consultant and free training ***
The Supply Register are proud to be working as a manged serviced provider working exclusively with the Academy Transformation Trusts and its academy’s located around Nottingham and Mansfield.
What does the role consist of?
As a Cover Supervisor, will go into schools and cover lessons which have work fully set and planned ready for your arrival. The role of a Cover Supervisor is to support a mixture of classes during the absence of the regular class teacher.
You will always be given the materials needed & will be responsible for ensuring that the students complete the work set for them. You are not expected to be a subject specialist but ensuring that the students are on task is important.
As a Cover Supervisor you will gain a lot of experience in other aspects of education you may be interested in – such as working with smaller intervention groups to support children who may be behind academically, working with SEN children or coaching in schools.
Cover supervisors are in a very high demand at our secondary schools therefore you will not be shy of work throughout the academic year.
** Please note, cover/supply work can be booked in advance or required on a day-to-day basis. Candidates should be willing to be available to pick up work first thing in the morning **
Who is suitable for this role –
- Previous experience in a school setting
- Studying to be a teacher
- Previous TA experience
- Hold or working towards a degree
- Worked or volunteers In a social club setting working with ages 11-17
- Someone who wants to make a difference and shape young minds
- GCSE in Maths and English
- Ability to manage behaviour and set expectations
Why Should You Apply?
- Fantastic FREE opportunities for CPD
- Gain great experience in schools
- We pay immediately to scale on long term positions.
- Find the work you want to do on our Candidate portal
- Weekly PAYE payments
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring and creative lessons
- Have and set high expectations of behaviour and learning from the outset of the lesson
- Supervise and deliver work that has been set
- Ensure all students are working well on set tasks and assist them where needed and possible
- Enforce all school policies regarding behaviour, safeguarding and uniform etc
- Establish and maintain a safe and positive learning environment in the lesson you are covering
Register to work for us in three easy steps –
- Apply for the role with a full CV.
- Attend a telephone interview to start the compliance process
- Attend a video verification and get to know team’s video call
**The Supply Register is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students, and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check.**
You will require an enhanced DBS on the update service for these roles. Or be willing to process a new one which costs £55 – this is essential