The Supply Register is the newly appointed managed service provider for Ark Schools and their 39 Academies in Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth, supporting the Trust with all their supply and temporary staffing requirements. As part of this service, Ark Schools is currently recruiting Cover Supervisors across South and South West London
By joining the Ark Schools’ bank, you will receive notifications directly from the Academy’s Cover Manager through the Candidate Portal or via their dedicated Partnership Team regarding immediate requirements (daily, short term and long-term supply) as well as any upcoming positions within the Trust on either a permanent or fixed-term basis.
Full-time, Part-time or on selected days to suit you. If this sounds like you, whether you are an experienced Cover Supervisor or looking to gain experience, we would like to hear from you.
The role of a Cover Supervisor
As a Cover Supervisor, you will gain a lot of experience in other aspects of education you may be interested in – such as working with smaller intervention groups with children who may require catch-up support, working with SEN children or coaching in schools. You will go into Ark locations and cover lessons that have work fully set and planned, ready for your arrival. The role of a Cover Supervisor is to support a mixture of classes during the absence of the regular class teacher. Although you will not be teaching, ensuring the pupils are kept on task is most important, so good classroom management is a must.
- Be able to supervise students and establish a constructive, safe and ordered atmosphere in the classroom.
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviors.
- Relevant qualification/degree inc. GCSE Maths, English (Does not have to be a core subject).
- Drive to succeed and gain the experience.
- Motivated to work with children and young people.
- This position is subject to the completion of an Enhanced DBS
Why Should You Apply?
- Fantastic FREE opportunities for CPD.
- To gain significant experience in schools.
- To kick start your career in the education sector.
- To receive notifications of the work you want via our Candidate portal.
- Weekly PAYE payments without Umbrella Company signup.
Ark Schools, is a hugely successful network of academies serving pupils from deprived communities. Their network of schools shares a belief in Trust six pillars:
- High expectations: we have high expectations of ourselves and for what our children can achieve.
- Excellent teaching: great teaching is what transforms children’s attainment and opens door for the future.
- Exemplary behaviour: children can and should be taught to behave well, following instructions first time, every time, without question.
- Depth for breadth: with a curriculum that encompasses the best of what has been thought and said ensuring our pupils have the knowledge and cultural capital to thrive in the classroom and beyond.
- Knowing every child: we get to know and care deeply about each of our pupils as individuals.
- Always learning: we expect pupils to always learn, but also for our staff to continually develop their professional expertise, supported by Ark’s broad professional development offer.
For further information about The Supply Register and our collaboration with Ark Schools please visit http://supplyregister.uk/trust/ark-schools/