Cover Supervisor – Hillside High School (Bootle)
The Supply Register are working in partnership with Hillside High School and supporting them with their regular requirements of casual Cover Supervisors. The demand for Cover Supervisors is higher than ever across schools in the North West, Hillside High School are particularly fond of this method as it ensures keen, enthusiastic people who are potentially considering a career in education can get a taste for what it’s like to lead lessons.
The role of a Cover Supervisor is to deliver pre-set work in any subject at Secondary level. The school will not be expecting you to be an expert in the subject you are covering but will be expecting you to manage the behaviour within the class whilst ensuring the students are getting on with the work which they have been asked to do. All this whilst following the school procedures and setting a good example for the young people at all times. It’s fantastic experience for any aspiring teachers or newly qualified teachers too.
– Deliver pre-set work.
– Ensure the class are staying on task.
– Report anything which goes against the school policies directly to your line manager.
– Experience working with young people, ideally of a Secondary age.
– The ability to work on a part-time or full-time basis.
– DBS certificate (or be willing to apply for one).
– Excellent experience where you will gain knowledge of various lesson plans.
– Exposure to situations where you can develop behaviour management skills.
– Good rates of pay, paid on a weekly basis.
– An experienced, dedicated consultant to ask for advice of regularly.
– Permanent opportunities within the Multi Academy Trusts which The Supply Register support.
Please apply now or call Mark at The Supply Register for more information.