Ark Bolingbroke Academy
£32,960 – £43,689 P/A
Computer Science Teacher
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a specialist in Computer Science to join the Ark Bolingbroke Academy
The academy is a courageous, compassionate community – empowering excellence. They are a value-led organisation, striving to be our best selves within every aspect of our lives at school.
Bolingbroke want all staff to thrive, modelling leadership and determination to the pupils and students within the rich and diverse academy, working together to fulfil our vision of creating a centre of excellence within our local community.
Bolingbroke Academy is a uniquely exciting, fulfilling, and innovative place to work, learn and grow.
An ideal candidate will:
· Be an excellent teacher, able to motivate and challenge learners of all abilities
· Have a passion for teaching students to enable them to flourish and excel onto university
· Work with external stakeholders to bring the curriculum alive for pupils
- Develop the Academy’s provision of Computer Science, maintaining outstanding history of outcomes and student destinations.
- Develop plans and processes for the classroom with measurable results. Interpret and develop results to make improvements in pupil achievement.
- Review and evaluate current exam boards against Ark standard, creating strategic action plans
- Assist the Assistant Principal/Principal, in monitoring, evaluating and continually improving the quality of planning, teaching, and learning, and assessment of all members of the subject team
- Develop strong partnerships and ensure regular communication with parents and carers
Teaching & Learning
- Oversee, monitor, and evaluate an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires children and develops their skills and knowledge, while identifying clear targets, timescales, and success criteria for its development
- Model outstanding teaching and lead collaborative planning and development, including the sharing of resources and best practice within the department
- Use data to inform teaching and learning, identify areas for intervention and provide feedback to students, staff, and families to promote progress and outcomes
- Manage behaviour effectively to create a safe, respectful, and nurturing environment so that students can focus on learning
- Work collaboratively with both school and network colleagues as a committed team member, building successful, high performing teams
- Participate actively throughout the network, by attending relevant meetings, and, as appropriate, delivering network-wide training and initiatives
- Work with colleagues, students, and families to develop a strong school community
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Right to work in the UK
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Willingness to undertake training
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
- Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every student
- A robust awareness of keeping children safe, noticing safeguarding and welfare concerns, and understanding how and when to take appropriate action
- Deep commitment to Ark’s mission of providing an excellent education to every student, regardless of background
- Excellent interpersonal, planning and organisational skills
- Resilient, motivated, and committed to achieving excellence
- Reflective and proactive in seeking feedback to constantly improve practice
- Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice.
- Commitment to and understanding of professionalism in line with the National Teaching Standards