The Supply Register is the newly appointed managed service provider for Ark Schools and their 39 Academies in Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth, supporting the Trust with all their supply and temporary staffing requirements. As part of this service, we are currently recruiting for Behavioural Mentors acrossfor Portsmouth
The role of Behavior Support Mentor
The role involves working with individual and small groups of children with challenging social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. These pupils may have complex emotional and behavioural needs that need to be carefully managed, and experience of working with these kinds of learners would be desirable.
Ideal candidates will:
- demonstrate an ability to be flexible in their approach
- be able to establish meaningful positive relationships quickly
- have a well-established range of strategies for coping with sometimes challenging situations
- guide the pupils’ learning towards independence
- be committed to Ark Blacklands’ ethos of high expectations
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
- Be able to supervise students and establish a constructive, safe and ordered atmosphere in the classroom.
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviors.
- Relevant qualification/degree inc. GCSE Maths, English (Does not have to be a core subject).
- Drive to succeed and gain the experience.
- Motivated to work with children and young people.
- This position is subject to the completion of an Enhanced DBS
Why Should You Apply?
- Fantastic FREE opportunities for CPD.
- To gain significant experience in schools.
- To kick start your career in the education sector.
- To receive notifications of the work you want via our Candidate portal.
- Weekly PAYE payments without Umbrella Company signup.
Ark Schools, is a hugely successful network of academies serving pupils from deprived communities. Their network of schools shares a belief in Trust six pillars:
- High expectations: we have high expectations of ourselves and for what our children can achieve.
- Excellent teaching: great teaching is what transforms children’s attainment and opens door for the future.
- Exemplary behaviour: children can and should be taught to behave well, following instructions first time, every time, without question.
- Depth for breadth: with a curriculum that encompasses the best of what has been thought and said ensuring our pupils have the knowledge and cultural capital to thrive in the classroom and beyond.
- Knowing every child: we get to know and care deeply about each of our pupils as individuals.
- Always learning: we expect pupils to always learn, but also for our staff to continually develop their professional expertise, supported by Ark’s broad professional development offer.
If you have read this and feel like you would be an asset to our growing team, please do apply and feel free to get in contact with us at the Supply Register.
Contact number: 07704027855
Contact email: email@example.com