Ark Putney Academy in Wandsworth are looking for an experienced cook
Sounds like you? Get in touch with us now!
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 36 hrs per week, 39 weeks per year (term time only)
Salary: Ark Support Scale 6: Pay Point 10, £25,612 pro rata
Actual salary: £21,933
The Supply Register are now looking to appoint a dynamic and effective Academy Cook. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and cooking a daily changing menu (breakfast, lunch and after school) to cater to our diverse school community. The role will include all aspects of food preparation, food service, kitchen hygiene and other duties associated with the running of the kitchen and food service operations.
Our ideal candidate will have
Experience of working in a busy kitchen
Experience of catering in large quantities within a school setting is desirable
Professional catering qualifications
Professional outlook, detailed orientated and able to multitask and meet deadlines
A team player that can work collaboratively as well as using own initiative
A genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every pupil
As Academy Cook you will be responsible for preparing and cooking a daily changing menu (breakfast, lunch and after school) to cater to our diverse school community. The role will include all aspects of food preparation, food service, kitchen hygiene and other duties associated with the running of the kitchen and food service operations.
- Preparation and cooking of a varied range of nutritious food for students and staff at mealtimes
- Serve the food to an exceptional standard and interact with the staff and pupils in an appropriate, knowledgeable and helpful way at all times, in particular with regard to allergens and other dietary requirements
- Assist in the sale, service and clearing of all food, beverages and utensils
- Deputise in stock ordering and menu creation
- Handle cash as required under supervision and/or operate a cashless till and any other items of catering machinery or equipment, as directed
- Assist with routine and deep cleaning of the kitchen, food storage, service and dining areas, including heavy and light equipment and machinery, crockery and cutlery, in accordance with the cleaning schedule
- Follow established kitchen systems and procedures to guarantee an efficient and organised meal service
- Assist with events and functions as required
- Receive deliveries, ensure correct stock rotation ensuring that all perishable and non-perishable commodities are stored under the correct conditions
- Professional catering qualifications
- Health & Safety and Food Hygiene qualification L3, desirable
- First Aid qualification, desirable
- Right to work in the UK
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Willingness to undertake training
- Requirement to complete Fire Marshal training
This role is subject to enhanced DBS and 2 references covering the past 24 months.
Contact Kirsty via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the resourcing team on 02080588226.